How do I add a 2nd email account to my Outlook?
- Most folks at New River have just one New River email account, but some of us actually need to check a shared account too.
- Examples of these accounts include:
- To configure Microsoft Outlook so that it checks both your personal email account as well as a shared account, follow the steps below.
- To Add An Additional Email Account Open Microsoft Outlook.
- Click the Tools menu.
- Choose Account Settings.
- Doubleclick the Microsoft Exchange account.
- In Lower Right Click More Settings…
- Click on the Advanced Tab.
- Click Add.
- Type the name of the 2nd account you'd like to add (e.g., admissions).
- Click OK.
- Click Apply.
- Click OK and then Next.
- Click Finish and Close.
- Now you should see an additional mailbox that is labeled with the name of your 2nd account (in this case admissions). If you expand the information you'll see the inbox for that account. Keep in mind that when you are clicked on the 2nd account that emails you send will have that address in the REPLY TO field. To send emails from your own account be sure YOUR account is expanded and highlighted.